Starting guide for new Red Light Center users
Ready to start a new adventure in the Red Light Center virtual world? The information on this page will get you started!
You’ll need to sign up for a free account first. Once that’s done, you can download the game, install it and adjust your settings for maximum performance.
Let’s run you through the steps to get you up and running as fast as possible!
Step 1: Sign up for a free account
- Click this link
- Click on ‘Play free’
- Enter a valid email address, choose a password, enter date of birth and gender
- Press ‘Sign up’
- Click ‘Download Curio Setup’ to start downloading the game installer
- Accept the download
At this point, take a moment to go to your email inbox – you should have received an email from ‘Curio Support’. Click the link to validate your email address.
Step 2: installation instructions
- Run the downloaded installer file (CurioSetup.exe)
- Install the Curio software at your chosen location (just follow the simple instructions on-screen)
- Launch Curio
- The software will now update and install – this part of the process will take a while, so sit back and relax with a nice cup of coffee 🙂
Step 3: account setup
- As soon as Curio is done installing, a login screen will open. Enter your chosen email and password to access your account.
- Choose a name for your avatar, your sex and your starting avatar (you can customize your character at will later).
- Click ‘Enter World’ and wait for the resources to load – this may also take a few minutes the first time you access the game.
Step 4: Ready to go
That’s all she wrote folks, you are now a member of the Red Light Center community and are ready to take your first steps!
Stay tuned, because we will soon be publishing our beginner’s guide to RLC to help new players to find their bearings quickly.
Welcome and enjoy the virtual world of Red Light Center!